May 27, 2009

What a great surprise!

"Giddy up Daddy"
Gwenie just loves to bring out the best in us.  We just can't help but be all smiles and get in the silliest of moods; which usually ends up with Brad and I doing pretty goofy things.  Here Brad was taking her for a ride around the house before dinner.  We have been decently busy these last couple weeks, but never too busy to stop and watch the world pass by from the front porch...
"What is going to drive, walk, or ride by today I wonder?"
Gwen loves sitting in her rocking chair out front and watch everything.  Nothing can be happening and yet it is still part of the afternoon she can't live without.  She will go the front door and knock on it to go outside and runs to her chair and sits.  I can't really argue because it gives me a chance to sit as well.


"Mommy, these windows are filthy!" 
Gwen, as always, is my little helper.  She was inside while I finished watering my plants and Brad checked the grill.  No sooner did he leave and come outside, Gwen came running to the door.  She first licked the door (side to side) to wash it and then she cleaned it for me.  Not the greatest wash, but she sure tries!

Other activities that have been going on here at the Tempel House have been the landscaping, me finishing school for the year, and a surprise.  Gwen and I, and sometimes Brad when he can, have been working hard redoing the landscaping of our yard.  We are moving rose bushes, changing layouts of flower beds, planting flowers, and laying new mulch.  All very exciting jobs when you have a 1 year-old helping you!  Gwen has been a great help... throwing dirt and mulch for me.  I am still needing to do some work, but I will take picture when I am done (for this year).  May 22 was my last day of school for the year.  It was great because I actually was done with everything I needed to do Thursday morning so I took a personal day Thursday afternoon and Friday.  Gwen and I have loved our time together already and are making big plans!  We are making a list of things we will do around home, planning our schedule for when we will go to Holiday World and go to the pool, and just hanging out.  It is fabulous!  The last thing happening around here was a great surprise!  Brad came home Friday night and announced that he was off Saturday and Monday!  His idea for the weekend..."Let's take a road trip!"  My place of choice was Chicago of course!  So, very early Saturday morning we packed up the car and Gwenie and headed north to see the Caseys and McKenzies!
It was so nice to see everyone again, even if it has only been a couple weeks since our last visit.  Here are some highlights from the weekend:
"Grandpa smell this! "
Gwen and Grandpa checked out all the plants in the backyard and ran around with Buzz and Pooka (yes, she came too).
"Look what I can do!"
Gwen showed off her new trick of drinking through a straw.
"I need a pool!  I'm improvising!"
No matter what it is like outside or inside, Gwen will find the water and want to play in it.  No dog dish is safe!  This picture was taken after she dumped the water on her clothes and stepped in it with her shoes on... we finally got smart.
"Ready, set, jump!"
Daddy and Gwenie playing with the Wii.  Who knew a toddler was just what the ski jump needed.
"Mmmmmmmm!  I love this stuff!"
Not her first bite of the season, but the first time she had a slice and not pieces.  Gwen loved having a chance to eat the watermelon all by herself.  I think she ate 4 slices for breakfast and 2 for lunch!
"Check out my bed head!  It was a lot of hard work achieving this look!"
Auntie Erin and was helping Gwen show off her fabulous new look Monday morning.


"Woowooowooo"
Gwen was finally caught on tape barking!  She does it all the time, but I never seem to be fast enough with the camera.  She started this after seeing Buzz in March for Spring Break and has kept it up with Pooka.  It is hysterical!

"There's a monkey on my back!"
Gwen is getting ready for her big trip to Miami.  Gammy and Grandpa got her a plane to play with and I bought her a monkey harness for the airport.  We tried it on this morning to test it out and get her used to it.  So far, so good.  She wore it for about 10 minutes and kept turning in circles to see the monkey at first.  She then sat down and started playing and was just fine.  We will keep practicing so it isn't a huge surprise when she has to wear it for the big adventure.