January 19, 2008

Baby T and me

Baby T at 33 weeks. She is getting so big!
Good news first.... Baby T is great! After having some trouble this past week with my blood pressure being higher than my doctor, or I, would like, I had some tests done on Thursday just to make sure everything is okay. My blood work came back perfect, protein levels are right on target....so, my doctor requested some more tests to check on Baby T. We had another ultrasound (she is still camera shy) and she is growing within the average range and weight is good, and we were hooked up to monitors to see if I am having contractions and how she responds to the stress of the contractions. I did have some, I didn't even feel them, and she reacted as she should (moving a bit and heart rate increasing slightly). So, overall we found out that Baby T is fine, but I am having some odd/unexplainable peaks in blood pressure. Doctor's recommendations...stop working and rest. I am not on bed rest, but he does think that the stress of driving an hour to and from work and the stress of work is contributing to the rise in blood pressure. I don't think my boss was thrilled by any means to hear this news, but he has been very understanding and is working very hard at finding my sub. I am adjusting to the new schedule and finding already it weird not to be running around, but I will do anything to make sure Baby T is given the time she needs to continue developing and growing. I will continue to keep you posted on how both of us are doing.

Brad quote of the week: "I've never met someone so fun that I haven't met yet!"