January 16, 2008

Update on Baby T

This week has been an interesting one already and it is only Wednesday! For the most part, this pregnancy has been uneventful-the baby is doing well, we are gaining weight...everything has been textbook. However, I recently started to have hot flashes that last 20-45 minutes and cause me to look as if I am completely embarrassed (red cheeks and ears!). It turns out that it is me reacting to a peak in my blood pressure. After talking to my doctor about it yesterday, my blood pressure is elevated, but not enough for him to be extremely concerned and admitting me to the hospital. But, he doesn't like it that it is 10 points higher in both directions either. So...today I got to stay home from school on bed rest and tomorrow morning I have to go in for a blood work panel just to check everything. He thinks everything should be fine and I can continue going about business as usual, but he wanted me to take a day off and rest. I will keep you all posted as to what we find out--which hopefully will be that everything is fine.

On a happier note, work to the house is going well. We are 95% done with the bathroom and laundry room redue projects and if the other projects for downstairs stay on track, we will be able to move in February 1. We have started to redue the upstairs bath, a project that was originally going to wait until later down the road, but it should be completed by the end of the month as well. I haven't been much help, I have stripped the wallpaper boarder along the stairs and spackled in a few rooms, but my job is mostly to dictate and make decisions--which isn't too bad. Thankfully, we have wonderful family that comes and helps often to make sure that projects are getting completed! I know that without help, Brad and I would not be able to move in until maybe June! Or we would be paying the carpenter and his buddies a lot more! I still haven't brought my camera over recently, but I will post pictures of the house soon. Maybe while we have the camera handy I can have Brad take a new picture of Baby T too ;-)