January 04, 2008

Happy New Year!

I want to begin by wishing all of you a Happy New Year...2008 is sure to be a great one! Not only are Brad and I expecting Baby T's arrival, but we also bought a very large present for ourselves a couple days after Christmas...a house! We have been renting a house for the last 6 months while I found a job and we decided where exactly we wanted to settle. We weren't looking yet, but we stumbled upon a house that we both fell in love with. It is 10 minutes north of where we are now and is a 2 story craftsman home built in 1909. It needs some work, but nothing we can't handle--or that a few hired men can't fix. We hope to have it ready to move into by February 1, but we shall see.

I had a wonderful visit in Chicago over my break--I had time with my family which was very much needed, and it was great to see everyone at the Casey shower. We are so fortunate to have so many people in our lives that care for us. Baby T can't begin to image how lucky she is! Once home in Gentryville, the Tempel's had a shower for me as well since Ashley Beth was in town for her break. Again, Brad and I can't thank all of you enough for your generousity and love! Now we are just trying to figure out where all the goodies will go in the new house, what to pack up now and what to display, and get the last things together before Baby T comes. We started "Baby" class last night and it will continue for the rest of this month, so hopefully we will be prepared and Brad will know what he is to do as "Coach." I think he will be fine. That's about it for now, so until next time...Have a great day!

Mom, Godmama Erin and I at the Casey shower (Baby T is now 30 weeks!)
Dad trying out the "Daddy Diaper Duty" kit for Brad
Baby T's very own Diaper Cake! Thanks Karen!