February 25, 2008

10 days and counting!

A friend of mine from high school was due on Feb. 20th, but has yet to have her baby as of Sunday...this is making me quite nervous! I am still trying to figure out is the funky feeling I just had was an actual contraction, the baby moving, or just me. I think I am having contractions, but they are so sporadic that maybe it is just my wishful thinking. Brad asked me the other week what we would do if my water broke in church (as we were walking into church mind you) or anywhere else public and now that has been my thought every time I leave the house. I think I am just a bit paranoid now! Although, if my water did break then I would definitely know it was time since the contraction thing isn't clueing me in as of yet. As I have been waiting, I've finished reading "What to expect when you are expecting" which I must say the "what to expect after you deliver" sounds worst than the pregnancy part! You hear about the adjustment and the lack of sleep parents deal with once the baby comes, but you never hear about the other stuff the mom gets to deal with for a couple months after! I just hope that Baby T is so precious that I will forgot how not fun my recovery is. From what I have gathered it will all be worth it in the end. I just hope and pray that my recovery is as good as this pregnancy; which has been a great one!