February 28, 2008

7 more days!!!!!

Here is my weekly update...Doctor's appointment went well again today. I didn't gain any weight this week (Woo hoo!), but Baby T's heartbeat is strong and she is moving well. I thought I was in labor Tuesday night because I was having mild cramps about every 5 minutes or so for about 45 minutes, but then they stopped and I was finally able to go to bed. I was a little disappointed to say the least, I am not uncomfortable or sick of being pregnant--I just want to meet her! My doctor thinks it will be "soon" but how soon he couldn't say. He did say "I am scheduling you (for my weekly appointment) for Thursday, but I would like to see you before then." We did discuss what will happen if I do make it past my due date today--I will not have to wait more than a week. He said that there is no benefit to baby if we wait longer than a week to induce, so he said that at the next appointment we would pick a day basically. I hope it doesn't get to that, but we will deal with that when we get there. Tomorrow is leap day and although I originally said I did NOT want her born on a day that only comes every 4 years, I would be okay with going into labor tonight or tomorrow now. Any time is great! Brad and I are ready, the bags are packed, the car seat is in, the clothes are washed... the baby's room isn't done, but neither is our bedroom (we are using the guest room as our room right now and we were planning on sharing with her anyway). We are very excited and just can't wait. I was telling Brad yesterday, it is like a little kid's (or mine still) anticipation for Christmas morning; only we don't exactly know what Christmas morning will be here. We can't wait to share news of her arrival with all of you and pictures too (sorry that there hasn't been any lately, but the camera is packed too). We love you and will keep you informed.