August 15, 2008

A Tooth!!!!!!!!!

Yes, believe it or not.... Miss Gwen has her first tooth!  It wasn't there Wednesday, but by the time I came to pick her up from work yesterday it was there.  You can't see anything yet, not that she will move her tongue out of the way and let you anyway, but you can feel it.  When it was discovered, she had grabbed my hand and put my finger in her mouth (a normal occurrence these days) and so I started to rub her lower gums and I felt something very tiny and sharp!  I was very surprised!  I consulted her dentist (Dr. Casey) and her hygienist (Laura) about the matter and they felt that it was on the early side to be getting teeth already but not abnormal.  Dr. Casey also said that based on my description of the location, it is tooth P (the lower right front tooth).  All in all... everyone is super excited!!!!!!!!!!  

And to top the tooth thing off, if she can, Gwen has even decided that she is ready to sit unsupported this week.  She has started sitting "like a frog" as Brad says with her hands on the floor in front of herself.  So cute!  I do have a picture of this on the camera, so I will upload it soon.  Just wanted to keep you all posted!