January 07, 2011

Gwen's first visit to the Coal Mine!

Gwen had the opportunity recently to go with Ashley Beth and Ty to visit the coal mine that Daddy and Poppy work at!!!!! Joey was even there working over his break! I have only been out to the mine once myself, and I was only there for about 5 minutes! Gwen's already ahead!
Some background for those who don't know, the coal mine that the guys work at is an open pit mine and looks more like a quarry to me. No one at this mine is underground like some that we have been hearing about on the news. Here are some pics from the trip:

"Daddy was extremely surprised and excited to see me! I loved seeing Daddy and wearing my cool hard hat!
"Daddy's job is to drill the holes that get filled with explosives. Here is his really big drill!"
"Daddy took me inside the drill and showed me all his controls. It was cool, but even cooler was what you could see out his window! Look, Daddy, a big truck!"
"The mine had lots of big trucks and is very dirty!"
"Poppy showed me another big truck that drives the coal where it needs to go. It is HUGE!"
"Joey was out there too! He was working on a project for Poppy, but I don't know what exactly he was doing. He was driving around in a cool little truck though."

Gwen is one lucky little girl, she can now say she has seen where all her "cool guys" work! She has been to "Bubba's House" (aka Bubba's dental office) and to the coal mine! Pretty cool!