March 11, 2008

Mommy should be napping, but...

"I'm the daddy"--his shirt says it all!

Well, where do I begin! Gwen is finally here, on time and everything! She is absolutely amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better baby. She is eating well, sleeping well, and is too cute for words! She is adjusting to life at home without any problems, checking things out every chance she gets. She loves being held and cuddled, motion of any kind (we introduced the swing yesterday which was a grand success), and food. We had our first check up yesterday and we passed with flying colors! We are already above birth weight at 6 lbs. 14 oz.; which apparently is typically accomplished at 4 weeks not 4 days. But we're not arguing! Gwen even had her first sponge bath with mommy and daddy last night and tolerated it very well. It is hard to imagine that just one week ago, she was a bump of a belly and not here in our arms! Brad and I are also doing well. I feel fantastic and have to keep reminding myself that I am in recovery! I definitely did not expect to have this much energy and be able to move so easily this early on. It is such a treat! Brad loves being a dad and hates having to leave her and I and go to work in the morning and go to bed in the evenings. He can't stop looking at her and smiling and forget trying to hold her when he has her...he rarely gives her up! We will continue blogging with the exciting events that are to come. Thank you all for the love and support you have given us throughout this pregnancy. We can't wait for all of you to meet our little piece of heaven!

Going home!
I got you Daddy and I'm keeping you!
Hey Dude!
I love my Gammy!
Gwen and the Casey girls--wish you were here Aunt Kelley!
I just made a mess on Mommy, don't tell!