January 28, 2009

First crazy wind storm, now a crazy ice storm!

So just wanted to give an update or all of you.  We are all safe and warm, but we have a severe ice storm in the area.  It has been going on since yesterday--first a couple inches of snow and them came the freezing rain.  This morning Brad woke me before he left for work, yes he had to go, which was about 2:30 central time.  He was concerned about the power going out and me not having a way out since my car hasn't moved since Monday.  Since then I couldn't go back to sleep (knowing the power could go out at any moment, my car is frozen in, and the tree in the front yard could fall into out bedroom at any time), so instead I got up and packed a bag for all of us in case we need to go somewhere and then I braved to rain to unthaw my car and move it away from the nice tree I park it under.  Now 4:15 am, all that work is done and I am contemplating showering in the downstairs bath before Gwen wakes up.  We hope that the power stays on, that nothing falls on the house, and that we stay warm.  Please keep us in your prayers today--just in case.  We love you.