January 29, 2009

Snow Bunny

Still on snow days for the rest of the week; I only worked Monday!  This storm has been so bad that over 75,000 people between southern Indiana and northwestern Kentucky are still without power, thankfully we are not included in that number.  We have again had many branches fall around out house, none have hit anything, but it is definitely a scary sound to hear while taking out the dog!  Gwen and I have been keeping busy around the house, playing hard, being loud, and loving every minute together!  It is like Christmas all over again!  We are just so thankful to be with power so we are warm!  I guess we will just have to enjoy another fun day with me off from work--such a hard thing to do!

Outside is an icy snowy mess, but it does look kinda pretty (I think the final measure was 3 inches of snow, 1/2 inch of ice, topped with 6 inches of snow)
"I love sledding!"
"Mommy is crazy!  Just look what she did to my hair today!  It is outrageous!
With so much snow, naturally I wanted to play in it.  Gwen enjoyed her first time sledding too!  We didn't have a sled, so I made on with an inner-tube, towel, some tape, and Pooka's leash!  Tomorrow's plan is to make snow angels!