January 05, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!


Gwen meets Santa--shortly after waking from a nap

As you may notice from the date...we have been very busy!  This break from work has been anything but a break, however I have enjoyed every minute of it!  A quick over view of our family's, especially Gwen's, happenings...
*Brad was able to get the entire week off for Christmas, so on Tuesday, December 23rd we took a 12 hour road trip to Chicago to celebrate the holiday with my family (everyone was home too!)  the trip was a bit longer than normal due to a short visit in Indianapolis (to see Jenn and Andy) and a long slow drive to Chicago because of some ice on the road--no biggie now!  Gwen loved her first Christmas and amazed everyone with her walking skills--not to mention giving anyone who followed her a work out.  She received many gifts from her generous fans and loves all of them!  This weeks favorite is a Fisher Price door/play house and her Ultimate wagon!  Gwen was also attended her first official tea party at the Ritz!  I think she enjoyed it, and I know I did.  Upon returning home that evening, we found a Wii appeared at the Casey house and we all had a blast joining in on the fun!  The trip home was much a much smoother and shorter one (even with a short visit in Indy) and we were home safely by Sunday afternoon.

"Joey, this is the best wagon ever!!!!!!"
"Go horsie! Go!"
"Jenn, I love you! (and your dogs too!)
"Great things come in small packages, right Gampy?"
"Hello, come on in"
"The perfect princess tea for Gwen and me...."

"Now do I look like Mommy?"
*Happy 2009!  Gwen partied with all of us at Gram and Poppy's house, but didn't quite make it to the ball drop!  Her New Year's Resolutions include (she told me earlier):
"1. Continue to amaze all around me
2. Be as cute as I can be
3. Grow taller so I can reach more things
4. Potty train myself by next Christmas
5. Say "Mommy" and "Daddy" (maybe even "Pooka No!")"

My resolutions include:
1. Get my abs back
2. Keep this house organized and finish some projects
3. Make some "me time".  We'll see how mine go.

HAPPY 2009!